Sunday, September 17, 2006

Jazzy and the Pussycats

This one's a bit hard to explain. It's always nice to have those moments where Bart's conscience escapes and he does something nice. But will his arm stay that way? That's the trick. There was one excellent line about how Lisa never thought the two stories would intertwine. People says jokes like that are the reason The Simpsons have gone bad. I don't think they've gone bad. I think that those raising a stink over decline in quality are prejudiced against meta-references; fourth-wall supremacists or something. Big deal. They still have plenty of good gags. Just tonight there was Lisa's attempt at skateboarding that will probably by the 29th season be akin to the classic clip of Homer falling down the gorge way back in the second season.

Oh, and by the way, I only have about eight days, three hours, and 20 minutes left of childhood. I'll be 18 next Tuesday. I've learned that there's a tradition at St. Andrews where you get thrown in Lake Ansley C. Moore on your birthday. I just hope I can find someone to hold my cellphone and Palm Pilot so I don't electrocute myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home