Thursday, April 24, 2008

I didn't mention it here, but back in February I was on a panel taking questions from people about autism at a conference of sorts in Chapel Hill. Following this, TEACCH wanted me to speak to teachers at East Clayton Elementary. So I did yesterday. While I was at ECES, my after-school babysitter from fifth through seventh (they have laws about kids being alone) recognized me. She was a stay-at-home mother of twin toddlers then, but she's now a teacher and mother of twin ten-year-olds. I had assumed that I would be speaking to a small group of teachers, but I was mistaken. I was speaking to a cafeteriaful of teachers. It could have been every teacher in that school. I was nervous, needless to say, but I apparently did well. I came home today to about eight e-mails of thanks from some teachers, plus a vice-principal and the principal herself.

Seeing as how I'm certainly old enough now, my parents have once again gone to Merlefest for the weekend and left me alone. This should be good. I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home