Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Accepted at St Andrews, no scholarship

That's the latest news for my life, but there's some other things I'll mention here:

Inspired by Jeff Foxworthy's redneck jokes, these are my Johnston County Native jokes:

*If the only hot dogs you've ever eaten are red...
(Carolina Packers red frankfurters are locally [in]famous)

*If you know where Raleigh Road is, but you don't know where Raleigh is...
(Raleigh Rd. is an average country road, that leads not to the state capital, but to West Johnston High School.)

*If you're wearing the clothes your mamma used to make -- at the Champion plant...
(Up until 1997, Champion clothes were made at a factory in Clayton)

*If you why Deacon Jones has his name on every car dealership in the county...
(Except Classic Ford, that is)

*If you didn't notice when Knightdale got their bypass...
(US 64 has a bypass around nearby Knightdale, which is in Wake County, but US 70 does not yet have one around Clayton, and desperately needs it)

*If you always thought the Shoney's in Selma had good service...
(It didn't, trust me.)

...You might be a Johnston County Native.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but who's to say rednecks don't have a sense of when to laugh at themselves? On the other hand, I was actually born in Wake County, because I lived there at the time. I've been here since 7/31/1995.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home