Sunday, June 24, 2007

It rocked my boat!

Apologies for the cheesy headline there. Yesterday, I went with my friends DJ and Jeff to see Evan Almighty, the long awaited sequel/part two/spin-off/continuation/whatever you want to call it of Bruce Almighty. I read bad reviews from the Associated press and the N&O's own Craig D. Lindsey, who hardly ever likes anything, but I heard the same things about Fun with Dick and Jane and that one was excellent. So was this one. It's hard to explain, but it's completely worth seeing, even if you haven't seen Bruce Almighty or don't believe in God or whatever. This vague rave review brings me to one of the great paradoxes of our time: Despite the belief that God created the Heavens and the Earth, those who believe in Him the most don't seem to want to take care of His creation. Take Scotland County, for instance. As anyone who has read my previous blog posts or has seen the back of my car will know, Scotland County may be the future home of the largest dump in the south. Laurinburg, Wagram, Gibson, and Laurel Hill are your basic southern towns, where the local churches are the "places to be" and even the college has "Presbyterian" in the name. So, wouldn't they want to take good care of God's green Earth? And that's just one.

Speaking of Laurinburg, I am considering transferring to Wake Tech. Why? There's a long list of reasons why, including the aforementioned Mega Dump, plus the hazardous drive on I-95 between Lumberton and Fayetteville. I have applied and have been accepted, and I will register for classes later this week.

The upstairs AC appears to have given up the ghost, so I'm sleeping on the couch, hopefully just for one more night. I don't know why air conditioners break on Fridays, aside from the cheap pun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home