Monday, June 11, 2007

Quintuple Greenpoints

There was a coupon in Sunday's paper, saying if one spent $75 at Lowes Foods by Tuesday and used their Greenpoints Card, they would get double greenpoints. $100 merited triple greenpoints, and $150 equaled quintuple (5X) greenpoints. I decided, along with my master shopper of a Mom, to take them up on that offer. We went to the local Lowes and started shopping. After going for the staples, we looked on every aisle for something that we could use to bump up our total. I stocked up on my favorite peanut butter, picked up some grape juice, and looked for some rare corn chips that had appeared, disappeared, re-appeared years later, then vanished again. At the checkout, we had a total of $141. Getting some extra items, we finally went over the necessary total with some conveniently-placed batteries. So, we gained about 8000 greenpoints. That should be good for almost two free gallons of milk. It's not exactly the Healthy Choice pudding guy, but I sure think it's an interesting story.

My Uncle David is in the area, and we might go to a Mudcats game Thursday night. Among other places, I have applied to Sharper Image, which I hope, assuming I get the job, gives employee discounts.

46

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home