Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Madness of Jake N.

"Madness" may be an exaggeration, but life has been crazy for me lately.

It all began Sunday at 8 PM. We freshman males were told to evacuate the whole building for reasons unknown. We were all sent to the student center, where we would hear more information... eventually. The Laurinburg PD had sealed off the building, and we were all homeless. I ended up going to the local Jameson Inn for that night. By Monday morning, the whole campus was informed: Daniel Goodstein, a senior living in the building, had been found dead. After the staff had gotten organized, I was sent to live in a vacant room in another building. I was still wearing the same shirt, shorts, underwear, socks, and shoes I wore on Sunday, and setback after setback kept on hitting me. I couldn't access the rest of my stuff and my cell phone gave up the ghost on Tuesday afternoon. On Tuesday at about 6 PM, the building was reopened, and I thought my problems would be over. But then, today, I started feeling sick at about 11:30 AM, and in the last three hours, I've had to run from the nurse's office to an urgent care center, to Eckerd, back to the nurse's office, to the LA building, to the PE building, back to Eckerd, to the bank, and to Harris Teeter before I could come back here and write all this. I'm starting to get worried about exams.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone know why he did it?

4/26/2007 7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, and you make a good point. He was just about to graduate.

4/27/2007 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home