Sunday, October 05, 2008

Lost Verizon

On its own, this week's episode was incredibly average. But compared to last week, it was pretty good. I did like some parts, especially Bart's international prank calls. Prank calls on any geographic level were WAY past due for a comeback.

Fall break starts Thursday, not soon enough. Things have been piling up a bit lately. Last week, I had a huge headache that lasted from Saturday about Noon until about Wednesday night. I missed a day of school, during a week when I had a test in all four classes. I think it's safe to say my scores on the four tests cumulatively broke 300, to put it lightly. Add to that, my depression is on the rise again. I feel like I'm back in high school. I actually had a dream about a week ago where I was back in high school, had left my backpack in my car, and wasn't allowed to go get it. It sure was a long week. I didn't mention it, but last weekend, I went to visit my grandparents in Hickory, where I also got to see a few of my mom's cousins, as well as my great uncle Jake's four-year-old great-grandson, Henry. He's a good kid, he's definitely got those infamous Blackburn genes in him, as my grandpa would say. Grandpa compiled a book of anecdotes about the family, which I contributed to some time before he published it. I can see how different my writing style is in the book. I'm talking about all this now because I can't believe I was in Hickory just a week ago. It feels like a month. Maybe because the calendar has flipped to October since then. But still...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home