Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a White Inauguration Day

Several inches of snow has fallen on central North Carolina, canceling school all around, including Wake Tech. As of right now, it's still falling a bit. So, I got to stay home and watch Barack Obama take the Oath of Office and become our new president. It was truly amazing, seeing this happen after waiting for it for so long. President Obama gave a great speech and was nothing shy of inspiring. But to be blunt, what I was really looking forward to was the departure of George W. Bush. Look at what happened between January 20, 2001 and today and tell me nothing's wrong. When I heard the crowd booing and singing "Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye" when Bush was introduced, I was just really happy. I was laughing. Immature? Well, maybe. But after eight long years of things going bad, I can hardly wait for things to get better. So, best of luck, President Obama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home