Friday, March 10, 2006

Too far

I saw a campaign ad for Vernon Robinson, who is running for the 13th district here in NC. His ad, which mocked everything from separation of church and state to fair treatment of minorities, set me over the edge. I've been trying to ignore this for so long, but I can't anymore. I feel bad about living in the same state as these kinds of people who make all us southerners look like narrow-minded arch-fundamentalists. Jim Bakker, Vernon Robinson, and several others who shall remain nameless. What makes this even worse is the Electoral College, which is splitting the UNITED States into red states and blue states. That completely undermines democracy. There's no sense in voting if yours is meaningless. Consider this: If there was no Electoral College, Al Gore would be president. I don't know if that could prevent 9/11, but I think it's possible. And if there was no 9/11, there'd be no war in Iraq.

OK, speaking of too far, I may have gone too far here. I really didn't mean to offend anyone.

Crooksandliars has more information on Robinson, with a video of the ad that set me off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home