Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving

I'm sure you knew that already, I'm just saying. Why I'm bringing up Thanksgiving is because I will mention that I can only remember our family gathering together thrice in my lifetime: in 1992 at Dad's parents' house in Fayetteville, in 1995, as we showed off our new dining room in our new (at the time) house, and in 2003, visting Gatlinburg, TN. Our family is really spread apart:

Granddad: Fayetteville, NC
Grandmom: Erwin, NC (She has Alzheimer's and doesn't recognize any of us anymore. It's really depressing.)
David and Martha: Brussels, Belgium
Garry, Joan, and Laura: Half-time Raleigh, Other half Atlanta, GA (Uncle Garry was unable to find a job in Raleigh, Greensboro, or even Charlotte,[THANKS A LOT, NAFTA!] so he commutes on the weekends.)
Us: Clayton, NC
Tim and Tara: Prattsville, AL
Greg, Vanessa, and Alex: Fayetteville, NC
Patrick: Lillington, NC
Lesley, Luke, Sarah, Rachel , Hannah, and Julia: Cleveland Community, NC (Near Clayton)
And this is just my Dad's side.

Well, Happy Thanksgiving, and good luck with your shopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home