Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Long day

June 6, 1944 was probably a long day for folks in Northwestern France, but June 7, 2006 was a long day for this folk in Southeastern America.

Here's what happened: After leaving work after half an hour due to a massive server failure, I went to Erwin to see Grandmom. I just missed Granddad, who visits every Wednesday. Grandmom was lying down the whole time. It was depressing and everything, but I feel as though I have a duty to visit her sometimes, and I have fufilled that. Have you gone to see your Grandmom today? After leaving, I went to an unspecified location to do something. I locked my keys in again, but I was at a place where I could hypothetically find some method of opening the door. The window was open about 2", and two women walked by with something they had gotten that I figured I could use to reach the window crank. I asked them if I could borrow it, and they were okay with that. I couldn't get the window open much more, but another guy came by and his arm was small enough to reach the lock. The moral: When a fellow human is in need, people with half a heart will help. After getting back into the car, I came back to Clayton and got the car's oil changed at the local Jiffy Lube. They have a new thing where they can run a diagnostic on your car and find out how good your fuel economy is. I took them up on that offer, and I was told that my transmission fluid needed replacing, and my fuel system needed cleaning. As I was already getting their special high mileage blend and a new air filter, I didn't have enough money on me for both those other treatments, so I got the fuel system cleaned out. It was an interesting process. A little can with a small tube was attached to my engine. When they revved it, white smoke came out of the tailpipe. I asked the mechanic if it was supposed to do that, and he said that was all the dirt that was in the fuel system. Whoa. Somehow, after all that, I came back home. I then saw The Simpsons on local syndication. It was 3F20: Much Apu About Nothing. In that one, Mayor Quimby uses illegal immigrants as a scapegoat for taxes, and Apu almost gets the boot. Alas, if only the writers had saved that plotline for this year. Then, there was 5F01: The Cartridge Family. That's the one where(in) Homer gets a handgun. I remembered, while watching this, that I once looked at the Second Amendment closely. It looked more like we have the right to have a military, and they are the ones who can bear arms. I'm not exactly sure if that was the right way of putting it, but that's what it looked like. I know The Bible to be hard to understand in modern English, but the Bill of Rights seems to also require looking closely. I felt the strength to write a blog post by 7, but the server here was down, too. And they said "6/6/06" was going to be the weird day. Anyway, I later watched Countdown. Let me tell you: It takes a brave newscaster to bring down ANOTHER certain jerk. In this case, Ann Coulter. Jeez, how heartless can you be to accuse 9/11 widows of exploiting their husbands' murders? So now, I'm writing this blog post.

Oh yeah, I passed Algebra II with a 90 on the final. Graduation is this Friday. It's all over. No more high school. WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home