Monday, April 02, 2007

No Mega Dump: the story of a few people and their quest to save the environment, Part 1

As I mentioned earlier, the vote on the Scotland County Mega Dump was tonight. Or not... Somehow, the county commissioners were intimidated by SCOT's presesnce and pushed the vote back to May. At the rally, A few people who had saved their own counties from mega dumps spoke, along with several locals. For some reason, I felt brave and/or stupid enough to speak as well. Luckily, the speech I made up on the spot went over well. I didn't feel up for speaking at the actual commissioners' meeting, though when they announced their pushing back of the vote to May, my and several others' "boo"s were heard. I feel like I made a diference after all.

In other news, my cousin Laura's beloved Yorkshire terrier Sophie was stolen out of their van last night. If I had the time, I would put whatever I learned in forensic science to work and do the best I could to find Sophie. Until then, I place my faith in the Raleigh PD. And if the dognapper is reading this, take good care of Sophie and bring her back ASAP.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you spoke up!

4/02/2007 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home