Thursday, July 12, 2007

How to save a planet

I am a full supporter of the environmental movement. Originally, I wasn't all for it, because those who were were too preachy for my young self. I'm talkin' to you, Captain Planet! Anyway, I have seen the error of my ways, and have changed. And yes, Virginia, North Carolina, Texas, and Mississippi, there is global warming. Obviously, the world isn't as cold as it was. I remember getting some kind of snow every year up until 1997. Then it just became less frequent. It's 89 degrees here on July 12 at 5:08 pm EDT. I understand that there was unusual cold over Easter, but consider what it would be without global warming. What do we do? I have signed Al Gore's Live Earth pledge and instead of forwarding it like he says to do, I have one-upped him by posting it here with the best case I can give you. Referring to my post of July 4, this is more than a political issue. It's not surprising that this issue is practically split parallel to the line between Republican and Democrat. And yet, it's definitely more than that. This shouldn't be about politics, this is a matter of the future of our planet. And quite frankly, I would prefer that the United States not be remembered as the nation that ruined a whole planet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home