Sunday, October 21, 2007

No review this week

At least not for the Simpsons rerun that I have already declared the worst of season 18. So, here's a rundown of the past week for me:

First, intermittent clicking noises in my car that made it nearly intolerable to drive made me take it back to the dealer on Tuesday. They had to keep it until Thursday, so I had to ride some kind of bus from West Durham to Downtown Raleigh on Tuesday afternoon, and ride home with my Mom. On Wednesday, I rode into Raleigh with my Dad and got on the Wake Tech shuttle to go to class, and rode it back afterwards. Same deal on Thursday, but that afternoon, I had to ride on from Raleigh back to Durham to get the car back, easier to drive than before. I'm glad I got that fixed. When I say nearly intolerable to drive, I mean you darn well better fix it before I go nuts.

Second, the State Fair was in Raleigh, and my friend DJ wanted me to go with him, so I did Friday night. He, his sister Cassie, her boyfriend Matt, and I all went. Though I never rode any rides with anyone else, I did ride a few rides. I had forgotten how those rides can screw with your mind. I was unable to speak for a while after one of them.

Third, my Dad has had two interviews with Our State, one of North Carolina's most popular magazines. He has one more interview before he gets a job offer, but anything's possible. The thing is, Our State is based in Greensboro, which is too far to commute for the average person. So, if he gets that job and if Mom keeps her job in Raleigh, we would have to move to West Durham or even North Chapel Hill, the latter of which is uncharted territory for me. I don't particularly love Clayton, but I've lived here for about 11 of the past 12 years. I spent a little more than half that time in Fuquay-Varina and I was okay with moving then, but this makes me a little nervous. Nothing's for sure now, but I tend to speculate a lot.

Don't worry about me, though. Not all weeks are this rough. Next week should be interesting, though. Stand by.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was wrong with your car?

10/21/2007 10:24 PM  
Blogger Jake Nelson said...

Oh, right. It turned out that there was a rod and a cable in the AC that kept hitting each other. The mechanic put some foam between them.

10/22/2007 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home