Sunday, November 18, 2007

Husbands and Knives

This week's episode was pretty good, compared to the weak showings and the one or two strong showings this season. I really liked the OK Go part, but everything started to go downhill about 18 or 19 minutes in. I couldn't focus too well on the first part, because a separate TV that was a few seconds ahead was showing the same show. Something else I feel like addressing: If you've never been to a suburban strip mall, Shapes was a parody of the real-life estrogenous gym Curves. I bring this up beacause there was an accusation three years back of the real-life company contributing to violent anti-abortion groups. As it turned out, they actually donate to the non-violent variety. The founder of Domino's Pizza (not the company itself) is the one that donates to the former. So, some kind of satire on that could have been done in The Simpsons. However, aside from a few slight references, The Simpsons has never adressed the only issue that I disagree with most of the Democratic Party on. That's right: I'm pro-life. However, I'm more against violence than abortions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home