Sunday, July 15, 2007

Saturday is the new Friday night.

It was a rough day for prisoners in France in 1789, and it was a rough day for me in Raleigh in 2007. OK, I know I recycled that joke.

First, my 1995 Geo Prizm had been resilient for 12 years, 11 of those with us. But then an annoying rattle started that I couldn't stand. It was very faint, which made it all the worse, because my parents think I'm crazy. So, a trip to CarMAX, where we bought Mom's 2002 Mercury Sable less than a week before I started blogging in 2005, led to a 1997 Chrysler Cirrus. After a lot of thinking it over, mostly by me, I decided to get it. I felt like I was jumping the gun a bit. Either way, it's a good car. It only cost(ed) $7000, has only 73,000 miles, is in good condition, and has an aftermarket radio that I'll need to consult someone about, as I pushed a button that made it come off. Road noise, especially at highway speeds, is a bit of a problem, but it's not much compared to the Geo. There's also a slight pull to the right, which I will talk to CarMAX about today. I need to decide for sure if it's really what I want by late Monday, because I can return it up to five days later. And that was just half of it.

The other half was that I went with my parents to a Los Lobos concert at the NC Museum of Art, one of my favorite venues when people don't keep standing in your way. I got up to the area between the stage and the seats, the dance area. I danced, but I'm probably not that good. The good news is, that counted towards my exercise regiment, which was a good thing, because I was exhausted.

So now, it's the morning after. I got up at 11:45, and I am having severe trouble typing. You can't see it here, but I've messed up and fixed the mistakes about 20 times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home