Friday, November 30, 2007

Too much of a coward

I just spent over an hour writing an epic post. However, that post had the possibility of getting me sentenced to a life of heckling from a random jerk, so I'm wimping out and going with this ramble instead. To see the hidden post, e-mail me and give me your best reason for seeing that "aborted" post.

I've been thinking recently about declaring a major in accounting. It can pay well and it's basically arithmetic for a living, as far as I can tell, so I'd probably be good at it. What's been holding me back is the dual stigma of accounting being a boring job and accountants being corrupt. I mean, I'd still have a life outside of work and I'd definitely not be a criminal, but I just fear judgement. That's the reason for nearly all my wimpings out in life.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If accounting is something you think you'd like to do, then do it!!
Who do you fear judgement from?? And why bother to worry about what other people think??
You have to look out for yourself, if you don't, who will?
I say go for it!!
And quit worrying about what other people think. Life is too short.
Besides, certain types of people will make judgements no matter what you do. These people are not worth your time or thought!
It's good to have a goal in life and I think you may be on to something with the accounting.

11/30/2007 11:14 PM  
Blogger Jake Nelson said...

Thanks.

12/01/2007 12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home